The Reading Tennis Club caters for adults, students and juniors
of all standards.
The club offers:
- Social sessions
- Internal indoor and outdoor tournaments
- Coaching (group/individual)
- Berkshire LTA/NCL team tennis (mini, juniors’, men’s, ladies’, mixed
- BUCS teams for students (organised by the students)
- Social events
- Club draw for Wimbledon tickets
- Use of 3 grass courts for social sessions and matches (June to September)
- Junior, Adult and Student membership
There are 3 social club sessions per week:
- Saturday mornings
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings. This is the best time to start joining in!
The Club has use of 5 hard floodlight courts on the Whiteknights campus and, during the
summer months, the 3 well-maintained grass courts are opened for specific social club
sessions and matches.
The tennis club provides all-year coaching which is split into group sessions for beginners,
improvers, juniors and mini tennis. Individual lessons are also available. The coaching team
is overseen by an LTA-qualified coach.
For the more competitive members, the club enters adult, junior and mini teams in the
Berkshire leagues, which cater for a large range in playing standards. This involves both
singles and doubles play.
So, here’s what to do next:
- Contact us (details below) to arrange a time when someone will be at the courts to meet you
- If you decide would like to join, contact us
- If you require some coaching before attending a club session, please mention this when you contact us.
tel: 07840 567907