Focus sports provide a welcoming environment that encourages everyone, from a diversity of backgrounds and sporting ability, to enjoy taking part in sport and recreation and to develop a sense of belonging.
Focus sports also provide a challenging and competitive environment that develops abilities, confidence and self-awareness leading to success in the sporting arena and beyond.
Main aims of the focus sport programme
- Have in place a development programme that encourages participation and supports performance
- Maintain BUCS premier league status or a high ranking in the sport
- Develop recreational programmes for teams in lower BUCS leagues/competitions and intramural events
- Provide support services that will enhance sporting performance
- Enhance recruitment of players from novice to performance level.