The University of Reading has
been offering golf scholarships since 1998, and the benefits to talented
student golfers continue to improve year-on-year.
Back row; Harry Thorne, Philip Thorn, Ben McClymont, Sam Carleton (cpt), Ben Mignano. Front Row; Earth Pongsak, Sam Claypole, Chris Skinner, Adam Passfield, David Dobinson and Tom Bateman.
We are proud to offer a superb Golf Scholarship programme to talented
golfers studying at the University of Reading.
The University has an unprecedented partnership with
Park Golf Club providing superb opportunities for the golfers to
develop, practise and also compete in home matches in the BUCS
To be eligible for a golf scholarship:
- men are required to be playing off
a handicap of 10 or less
(6 or less for a Level 1 scholarship)
- women are required to be playing off
a handicap of 13 or less
(7 or less for a Level 1 scholarship).
All applicants must be accepted onto an academic course of study at the University
All scholars are required to represent the University in competitions while
benefiting from the support of the scholarship.
Sam Claypole at Wokefield driving range
Golf scholars receive:
- Free membership of Wokefield Park Golf Club, including eligibility
for entry to club and regional competitions
- Free full membership of all leisure facilities at Wokefield Park
- Free driving range membership at Wokefield Park, including unlimited
- Academy membership status of SportsPark, providing unlimited access
to both VO2 Fitness Studio
and VO2 Group Exercise
- A Level 1 scholarship provides a peak (all times) SportsPark membership
- Level 2 is an off-peak membership (07.00–16.00 Mon–Fri and all
times at the weekend)
- Competitive BUCS Matchplay golf on Wednesday afternoons
- Subsidised use of Leaderboard Golf Centre in Reading
- Free squad coaching with Gary Smith (EGU PGA Professional Coach) and subsidised coaching from Tim Newton at the Leaderboard Golf Centre.
- Discounted specialist support from the SportsPark’s onsite sports
- Support and administrative support from the University of
Reading’s Golf Scholarship Manager.
The team are currently competing in the BUCS 2A,
and are pushing for promotion back to the BUCS South Eastern Conference 1A for 2012/13.
Competition for places on the team is tough, with a ‘challenge system’ being
used allowing any member of the squad to challenge a player on the team if
they lose a BUCS match.
For further information on the Golf Scholarship programme contact:
Golf Scholarship Manager
University of Reading
0118 378 6088
« Golf home