Health and readiness questionnaire
To assess your health and readiness for physical activity:
- Has your doctor said you have heart trouble?
- Do you frequently have pains in your chest?
- Do you often feel faint or have dizzy spells?
- Has your doctor ever said your blood pressure is too high?
- Has your doctor ever told you that you have a bone or joint problem
that has been aggravated by exercise, or that might be made worse
- Is there a good physical reason not mentioned here why you should not take
part in a class even if you wanted to (such as epilepsy, advanced stage of
- Are you over 65 and unaccustomed to moderate exercise?
If you answer Yes to one or more questions:
- Please arrange to see your GP before taking part in an exercise class
- Ask him/her if the state of your health allows you to start such an exercise routine.
- You must let the instructor teaching your class know about any concerns
regarding your health (new injury, high blood pressure, chest pains or
shortness of breath) before you enter a class
- If at any time during the class you feel dizzy, short of breath or experience chest pains you
must inform the instructor immediately.
Page last updated 14/01/2013